-->Hosting by Geraldle.com (support are host by Clicking Here!)
Works of Winter
-> index
-> Livejournal
-> deviantart
--> Poetry/journal
-> Mailing List
-> Traffic Control

Online Games
-> B.O.T.S. ][
-> Wizard's Journey
-> New Age 3

Review Center
-> Read Reviews
-> Make a Review

Original Fiction
-> Game
-> Stained
-> Ve

FanFiction
-> Harry Potter
-> Ultima Online




Book 1:
The Tale of Two Rings
Chapter 12:
I Am So Bloody Weak!

-Silver (Draco Malfoy in High Dragon Uniform)-

I did not have time when I got back to Hogwarts to feel bad or angry or guilty. I had to get Seamus to Madam Pomfrey before I lost him, too. I appeared and was immediately thankful that it was still night and no one was in the Potions classroom. Not only did I forget to put my mask back on but I was also starting to lose my grip on Seamus. I set Seamus down gently on one of the unused tables as I retrieved my mask and put it on. After activating the enchantment in my cloak and vanishing from sight (What? You don’t think Potter is the only one with an Invisibility cape, do you?) I picked Seamus back up.

Carrying a limp, mumbling Seamus sounds a hell of a lot easier then it truly is! Must remember to tell Seamus to go on a diet! But then again that just might be the fatigue talking.

I stumbled my way from the dungeons to the hospital wing, panting by the time I got to the door. I slowly opened the door and after assuring myself no one was inside, I slipped in, closing the door behind me. I then proceeded to lay Seamus down on one of the beds in the room. Still invisible I went off in search of Pomfrey.

On my way to the room that I THINK is Madam Pomfrey’s room, I got the sudden sensation that I was being watched, but by what? I enchanted my mask to see things that are invisible. So it had to be something that was warded against such detection or most likely my overactive imagination brought on by a little too much stress and excitement for one day! Better question is how can they see me? After all I am invisible! About half way to Pomfrey’s room was when I met up with my stalker.

* * * * * * *

-Ron Weasley-

God that reeks! was the only thought going through Ron’s head as he followed the boots that were moving seemingly of their own free will. Or the bottoms of the boots rather. Someone one size too big using a one size too small invisibility cloak. Ron smiled to himself as he figured this out.

Ron griped his wand tighter as he ducked behind a wall as the boots stopped Guess he heard me Harry doesn’t wear boots? But Malfoy was gone, too, when I got up. Bet Malfoy stole Harry’s cloak and Harry was in too big of a rush to go and get it back to wake me up to help. Ron looked around the corner to see the boots moving again. That’s OK I will get the cloak back from that git Malfoy for Harry and be back before breakfast!

Seeing his chance Ron ran forward to grapple what he assumed to be Malfoy’s mid section.

* * * * * * *

-Silver (Draco Malfoy in High Dragon Uniform)-

I heard him coming. I mean who couldn’t? I dropped to the ground and pulled out my wand just as Ron dived over me. I mentally broke the invisibility charm so that Ron could see the wand leveled between his eyes.

“Ron,” my whispered voice cold and slow.

He just gasped at the shock of diving over me. “W-who are you?” his voice shaking with a little stumble in the beginning.

“Silver,” my whispered voice still betraying nothing. “If you don’t mind I must be going.” I started to stand when the thought hit me. “Tell Madam Pomfrey that Seamus is in the hospital wing and in need of her aid.”

I then turned my back on him muttering the command words that made me vanish from his sight again.

I headed up to the empty Gryffindor common room where I shed my High Dragon robes for the normal school uniform ones before heading up to the dorms.

* * * * * * *

-Draco Malfoy-

The next day would test my reserves. I woke to a very noisy dorm room. The fact I got too little sleep that night did not help. Being Sunday there would be no classes and I wanted nothing more then to head straight to the library and start trying to find out who and or what Sabastion is. I got up, showered, and got dressed. But as I was headed for the library a very white Ron stopped me.

“Malfoy! I need to talk to you!”

Not being one of the people I wanted to talk to or even tolerate talking to I just stopped and looked at him. The phrase it’s for Harry going though my mind.

“Seamus is back and he wants to see YOU. I don’t know why, but he asked me to find you and bring you to the hospital wing with me.”

My left-hand clenched tightly into a fist to the point my knuckles turned white. I wonder how Seamus is taking this? It would not hurt to stop by and pay him a visit.

“Lead the way,” short and simple but some how I still sounded defeated. I wonder if Ron picked up on it?

The trip to the hospital wing was fast and Seamus was awake when we got there. I walked into the room not paying much attention, so it was my mistake.

“Draco!”

Before I had time to even register who called my name I was tackled to the ground with an “oomph”. Damn! I thought, somehow I had gone and gotten a Finnigan glued to me!

“Seamus if you will PLEASE get up!” I barked, my voice cold. ‘And you are not to tell anyone that it was me that saved you. As far as they know it was Silver....’

I got a simple nod out of him as he slowly and reluctantly got off me. As I pulled myself up off the cold floor, I looked Seamus over. Truth be told, he looked better then I thought he would look. He looked better then I did after a day with my father, but then again he has had proper treatment whereas I did not.

About that time Dumbledore came in, “Ahh Seamus it is good to see you awake!”

With the entrance of the old coot I was on my way out. I turned on my heels and was headed for the door when I was...captured, yes that is the word, by Seamus.

He whispered into my ear just loud enough for me to hear, “Don’t go Draco!” almost as if I left he would be tortured again.

I gripped hold of his shoulder and literally pried him off me. I looked into his eyes, trying to reassure him that everything would be OK before speaking, “I have to go look something up in the library. I will be back later to see you.” My voice was calm and even and I could swear I could feel the old headmaster’s smile even though I could not see him.

* * * * * * *

I am standing in Dumbledore’s office now. I can only guess why I am here, but I think the disappearance of Malfoy Manor has something to do with it.

“Draco, have you heard from your parents as of late?” Dumbledore asked looking up from his paper work.

“No sir, why do you ask?” Best to play dumb until I know what he knows.

“I don’t want to alarm you, Draco, but it would seem that Malfoy Manor vanished from sight some time last night.”

“I see, and my parents have not been seen?” I asked being very careful not to show too much or too little emotion.

Dumbledore looks almost hesitant to answer that, I thought to myself.

After a long pause Dumbledore looked up, “Well there is no use not telling you,” he looked down at his papers. “The Dark Mark was found over the Snow Manor, your mother was found dead inside...”

My mother dead? No this has to be a lie! A horrible lie! I glared at the old headmaster, “There has to be a mistake, sir,” my voice was quite deadly and dripping of venom.

“I am truly sorry Draco, you can see her body if you like.…”

I got up and left the headmaster before he had time to spout more lies my way.

I once again found myself in the library knee-deep in books. I was looking for every and any sign of where Harry might be. I was on my seventh book trying, without success, to discredit my own worry over Harry’s safety and to evade the sting of Dumbledore’s words. Then I heard Ron’s voice above me.

“What are you doing?”

Trying to keep my voice calm and even and not to bite his head off, “Reading.”

“Oh,” he took a seat on the other side of the table facing me.

“Look Ron I know you don’t like me and to tell you the truth I don’t like you either so...why are you here?” It was a strain not to call him weasel or some other name to insult him.

“Where is Harry?”

I looked up from the book I was reading, “I have not seen him since last night. I wish I knew.”

I went back to reading the book.

“I know you know something and Seamus does, too, but he won’t talk, so you’re going to have to tell me!” Ron shot me a look that could kill and I am sure had I been looking it just might have.

“Listen Ron I have had a real bad day, First Harry ignored me and got his butt into even more trouble. Then Dumbledore has the gall to tell me the biggest lie I have ever heard, and now I have to listen to you yap on about how it’s all MY fault that Harry does not have the brain power to listen to me,” I looked up gracing him with the Malfoy glare to see his confused face.

“What has happened to Harry, Malfoy?” he said slowly. “If you have done anything to him I swear….”

“Calm down Ron I did not hurt Harry in any way, shape, or form.”

Though I was enjoying tormenting Ron I might actually need his help in finding Harry. Lord knows I was not faring well on my own. “I am trying my best to get Harry back….” I got up.

“Where are you going? I am not done talking to you,” Ron said and shot a glare my way.

“I am going to try a different approach and I will need you and your girl friend’s help.”

“She is NOT my girl friend!”

“Right...” I just turned around and left a blushing Ron Weasley to glare at my back as I headed for the dorm. I stopped at the door. “Find Hermione and bring her to our dorm... I have a plan.”

With that I turned back around and headed straight to the dorm not looking back once.

Weasley and Granger showed up after I had been waiting for at least 20 minutes. I had almost given up thinking they would show.

“We need someplace to work for the rest of the day where we will not be bothered,” I stated as calmly as I could manage.

“I know a place,” Granger said after a few minutes of thinking.

* * * * * * *

(Later that day)

-Ron Weasley-

Ron old boy, why again did you agree to help Malfoy?

Hermione had left the dorm earlier to go to the library to look a few things up. Malfoy was hunched over a book muttering spells that were lacing metal together in an odd kind of glove that was he making to fit his left hand. I was supposed to be brewing a potion that Malfoy told me would strengthen the magical properties of the ‘Gauntlet’ yeah right. I went about brewing the potion anyway.

“How is this going to help Harry again?”

Malfoy did not answer me as he continued casting whatever complex spell he was working on.

After he finished the spell he looked up at me, “For the 8th time Weasley it will allow the wearer the ability to go back into time. We can stop Harry from getting caught.”

“Still sounds like a load of hogs’ wallow to me.”

“Granger seems to think it will work,” he smirked at me.

“That is the only reason I am helping you, Malfoy!”

I turned back to the potion stirring it with a vicious vigor. Sometimes Malfoy just... err!

About four hours later I looked over at him. The Gauntlet (a metal glove) was completed and he was adding Gems to it, forming complex runes with the precious Gem stones. After placing the last stone he looked up to see me watching him. His eyes looked tired and his magic drained from the constant muttering of spells. His wand hand shook slightly as he traced the gems, muttering the final spell on that rune.

“Is the potion done?” he asked.

I could hear the fatigue in his voice. And I felt sorry for him. He had the hardest job of the three of us, yeah sure my arms hurt from stirring a potion for four hours, but I bet he felt as if he was going to pass out.

“Yeah.”

I moved away from the cauldron as he got up and moved over to it gently submerging the Gauntlet into the potion.

“You did not even test it to see if I did not mess up the potion, Malfoy.”

He was so tired he could not muster the usual vicious edge to his voice, “There is no way to test this potion. We all just have to pray you finally got one right.”

About that time Hermione walked in. (The only one that is actually supposed to be in the girls’ prefect bathroom.)

* * * * * * *

-Hermione Granger-

I don’t know what I expected, maybe a dead Malfoy with a very bloody Ron still kicking the lifeless body of one Draco Malfoy. However that is NOT what I saw when I uttered the password to the prefect bathroom and walked in. Malfoy was bracing himself against a wall breathing hard as if he had been running all day. Ron was looking at him with ‘worry’ in his eyes’

“You all right Malfoy?”

“Just cast the stasis spell.” His voice was flat as if he could not be bothered with emotion. “Don’t tell me you did not find it.…”

“No, I found it but I will need Ron’s help to cast the spell.”

He just nodded and slid down the wall to sit on the floor as I walked over next to Ron who was still watching Malfoy.

Ron and I started casting the spell from the book that I brought back with me from the library. The cauldron was supposed to glow a light green but nothing happened.

“I don’t think Ron and I have enough power.”

Malfoy looked up at us almost as if it pained him to move, who knows it might. He slowly got to his feed and walked over to the cauldron. The three of us were finally able to cast the spell after three tries. Malfoy passed out right after the third attempt not even seeing the cauldron glow.

* * * * * * *

The Ability to see though the eyes of your other half!

-Draco Malfoy-

I woke up in my own bed. After looking at my wristwatch I found it to be late at night. I wondered did the spell work? Or will I have to enlist ‘The Order’ in order to do it tomorrow? Then I let my mind wander, as I lay awake thinking of Harry. Is he okay? Is he being tortured? God I hope not! I have not been able to use the ring’s power since he disappeared. I think that either where he is, is well warded or Veve never removed the block he put on the rings.

‘Draco’? the sound of the voice in my head sounded unsure, as if asking about me in his head was a waste of his time and would NOT work.

‘Harry? Are you okay? Where are you?’

‘I don’t know where I am, Its cold and dark. Where are you? All I see is blackness.’

‘Can’t you hear Neville’s snoring? God I tell you sometimes with that boy he tricks me into thinking I am still in the Slytherin Dorms!’

Harry could not only sense the joke but he saw the flash of a memory when I was in the Slytherin Dorms and Crabbe and Goyle’s snoring would keep me awake at night, we both laughed in my mind.

‘So you’re in the Dorms trying to sleep?’

‘Not any more, you have me too worked up for sleep now! Don’t be sorry, just tell me, are they hurting you?’

‘This tall man came into my room, if you want to call this cell that, earlier today and forced me to drink this horrible black potion. Other than that I have not even seen anyone. Though I have felt Voldemort four times now.’

‘Yeah, well next time I tell you to stay maybe you will stay? How did my father catch you anyway?’

‘He came up behind me and stupefied me.’

‘Coward!’

‘Draco?’

‘Yes?’

‘If I never get to see you again I want you to know.…’

‘Harry! I WILL see you again!’

There was a great jumbling in my mind as if something was being ripped out and then I could no longer sense Harry.

* * * * * * *

-Harry Potter-

“What was that? Just how did you do that?”

This man had to be a giant! He stands 7-feet-tall, he has long black hair that stops at his waist, and piercing blue eyes. Same man that made me drink that potion, I thought idly.

“Who are you? And why are you keeping me here?”

“Not going to answer me, huh? Well, all in due time!”

“Lucius Malfoy is dead.”

He narrowed his eyes at me when I told him that “I don’t know how you know that, or what you have been doing. But it does not matter. You have been left in my care by Lucius and seeing how he is dead I am going to have a little fun.…”

“Does Voldemort know I am here?”

“Huh, that young fool? Of course he knows you’re here! Give him one thing though he never gives up. I swear he has been here seven times today, demanding you to be handed over. Fool!”

He gave me a evil laugh after that and that’s when I realized if this man could turn Voldemort away then I have no chase of escaping.

“Four times.”

“What?”

“Voldemort has only been here four times today.”

“You are rather calm for someone that is being held against their will, and for someone I am about to have my evil way with.”

A smile spread out on my face, “Draco is coming for me.”

“The Malfoy heir?”

I just nodded.

“And why would he come for you?”

“He told me he loved me the day he gave me this ring.”

I held up my hand for him to see the ring knowing he could not take it off me.

“Well this changes things,” he stated very nastily, almost as if someone just deprived him of his favorite pastime.

“Sorry?”

“If the spirits are right and they are always right, Young Draco is the one who killed Lucius. I am guessing he did that to try and find out where you are seeing how Lucius died after you were sent to me. I thought he just killed his father in a fit of jealousy. Lord knows Lucius spoils that boy. Would not surprise me if Draco tried killing his father because Lucius would not buy him something he wanted.”

His grip on my hand from examining the ring got tighter as he hoisted me up. “You can walk or I can drag you,” he stated rather calmly then started moving.

I followed him into a room that was filled with cauldrons and potion ingredients of all kinds. Snape would kill to get into this room, I thought to myself.

He let go of me when we got in the room and walked over to one of the cauldrons.

“You will start to feel weak from that other potion I gave you, so if you want to lay down feel free.”

To tell the truth I am finding it very hard to hate my captor. He has NOT caused me any pain, yet he has turned Voldemort away four times, and he actually sounds like he cares for me.

“Sorry to interrupt whatever you’re working on, but... well why are you not knocking me around?”

He let out a small soft laugh as he gathered together the ingredients he would need, “Even though I am a Dark mage, and as Dark as they come, I am NOT a violent man. Even if you were my enemy I would not hurt you. I would kill you, mind you, but I would not cause you pain in the process.”

“And just what is that suppose to mean, ‘were my enemy’?”

“Well if Draco loves you like you say he does,” he looked up and me and gave me a piercing glare. “And I will find out if that is the truth or NOT, boy!” He went back to his potion. “Then your are closer to family then enemy.”

My jaw hit the ground. I think he saw the look of astonishment on my face because he let out another soft chuckle.

“So you’re not going to kill me?”

“No.”

“Will you let me go?”

“Not until after I know whether what you tell me is the truth or not. If you’re lying to me then I will turn you into some hideous creature to do my bidding. Which by the way was what I was going to do in the first place. But if what you say is the truth I will turn you over to Draco.”

Oh god Draco you had best have been telling the truth when you wrote ‘I love you’ in that letter!

* * * * * * *

-Draco Malfoy-

‘Harry?’ I asked again, panic starting to pick up.

What could have happened? Is he okay? I sat bolt upright up in bed. I have to try and NOT hold back even if it kills me. I started remembering all the lessons my father made me sit though. I started gathering my energy but it just was NOT enough. I pounded on the barrier but it would not budge. I pounded for hours until I finally passed out from lack of energy. With only one thought in my head, ‘if only I was not so bloody weak!’

* * * * * * *

<-- Last Chapter | Next Chapter -->

Review
(will open in a new window)

Site Founded on 01.01.2003
Site Content © 2003 Hellforge Studios (HFS)